Your post was successful and is on the sandbox page of the website. That was about as hard as it gets to do postings on the website. All the rest is window dressings.
Each page of the website has a category associated with it that allows you to pick the page that you want to make your posting.
The [General] category is the front page of the website
A single post can be displayed on more than one page. For example putting [General] [Trials] in the subject line will display the Trials post on both the front page and the Trials page
Suggestions for formatting a post using your email editor.
- Don’t use Tabs or Spaces to move things around – the default settings for tabs doesn’t come through on the website and multiple spaces don’t justify the same as letters and numbers
- Default fonts for websites are Arial, Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Gabriola, Impact, Times New Roman, Verdana. Other fonts will be defaulted to a website standard font that may not be suitable for your message.
- A font size of 12 or 14 for the main body of the post is fairly comfortable to read
- Use Arial Black with a 16 to 24 font and colour the font for main headings
- It’s best not to use underline for anything – people think its a link and when it doesn’t work, they get distracted from your message.
- Use bullets to make a series of points in the document.
- Don’t copy text from a MSWord document or iPad email – it is loaded with all kinds of hidden formatting that will not come through on a website page. Paste anything from those documents as Plain Text to strip off their formatting.
- You can include links to other website in the email such as http://agilityrocks.com/default.aspx?eventid=0 . Just copy the link from the address line of the website, and paste it into your email
- If you have a signature set for your email, it will come through on the post
If you need any help with this stuff, or you are not comfortable posting directly to the website, just send me what you want to post and I’ll dress it up before I send it out.